Visa support


In order to apply for Russian visa you should get our invitation. 

At least 60 days before the beginning of studies please send following documents to us (contacts below):

Where to send documents:

1) For preparatory courses:

2) For Bachelor/Master programs: 

3) For exchange programs:

  1. Scanned copy of your passport (main page with photo)

!!! Warning: passport should remain valid for at least a year and a half since the date of entry to Russian Federation !!!

  1. Filled Visa application form (Personal details)  (for Preparatory courses, for Bc/Ms, for Exchange) 

Please pay attention to following information:

  • Check the list of visa application documents at the closest to you Russian Visa center, Consulate or Embassy in your country in advance;
  • Invitation is issued 20 working days after all necessary documents are submitted at Ekaterinburg Ministry of Internal Affairs migration department;
  • While filling Visa application form please don’t forget that “Country and city of visa application” - is not Russia, it is country and city, where you apply for visa and Russian visa center or Russian Embassy/Consulate is situated;
  • All foreign citizens entering the territory of Russian Federation are obliged to have medical insurance. In case you haven’t obtained insurance at home, you can purchase it either in one of the local (Ekaterinburg) insurance agencies or at USUE International relations department. Latest information about Insurance requirements is available at Russian visa center/consulate. Average price for 1-year medical insurance – 6 000 rubles. 
  • First visa is always issued for 90 days, single-entry. !!!Since your visa requires extension, you should arrive to Ekaterinburg at least 1,5 month prior its expire. In case you are going to be late immediately inform us!!!

At least 5 working days prior your arrival to Russia, please send us information about date, time, flght/train number and your contact phone.


Upon arrival in Ekaterinburg (on first day) you should visit International cooperation office (Preparatory courses department building, second floor) and bring following documents:

  • Passport
  • Migration card, which you recieved on russian border
  • Copy of yor tickets (plane or train)
  • Original copy of your USUE dormitory agreement

In case you don’t live in USUE dormitory (you are renting an apartment/room), owner of the living space must register you within the first 7 days since you’ve crossed the russian border. 

In case you are going to travel to another city in Russia  or to leave the country you should inform International cooperation office in person or by email ( few days prior your departure.

In case your trip exceeds 7 days, registration at the place of your actual living is obligatory. It means that your previous registration in Ekaterinburg is cancelled and right after you come back please visit International cooperation office with your passport (+copy), migration card (+copy) for new registration in Ekaterinburg. If you do not live in the dorm, don’t forget to register on your own.

Your registration extension should be done at least 20 days prior it expires.

 In case you are expelled or graduated, you are obliged to leave the territory of Russian Federation within 3 days since order about end of studies is issued. 

If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us:

tel: +7 (343) 283-12-81


At least 1,5 month prior your visa expiration date you should bring following documents to International cooperation office: 

  • photo 3x4, 1 pcs.;
  • HIV medical certificate, issued by local Center for AIDS prevention and control, or by responsible hospital. !!! USUE organizes centralized transfer for that kind of medical examination;
  • Passport with valid visa, registration confirmation and migration card; 
  • Copy of your study agreement or Ministry of Education assignment paper;
  • State payment (duty) for a visa of multiple entry (1600 rubles);
  • Medical insurance. 

New migration registration is required after every visa extension. 

International cooperation office (Migration office) is located between Main education building and Old Education building, 2-nd floor