Freshers Day was held at Ural State University of Economics. This year’s topic is “Diagram of Happiness.”
For the past few weeks, students did not go home until late at night. They were rehearsing. Music sounded in almost all the corridors of the university. In the dance, boys and girls tried to reveal the important topic of happiness for every person. And the students didn’t just appear on stage. It was a creativity competition.
The Freshers Day competition programs went on nervous. The stage often became an outlet for young people's emotions, search for justice, and fears of failure.
“This year we, as organizers, announced the topic “Diagram of Happiness”. We set ourselves up for positive performances as much as possible. And we were not mistaken!” Alla Yavorskaya, the organizer of Freshers Day, director of the USUE House of Culture, said.
On Freshers Day, representatives of all USUE bachelor’s institutes and College came on the stage of the USUE House of Culture. According to the event organizers, Ural State University of Economics students have excellent artistic taste despite performing stage genres at an amateur level. And each of the teams tried to cover the topic of happiness in their own way.
Students of the Institute of Public Administration and Law believe that happiness means to be significant to others. Through their dance, the students from the Institute of Digital Management Technologies and Information Security conveyed the message of individual happiness and unique interpretations. The team of the Institute of Economics and Finance is confident that every man is the architect of his fortunes. Students at the Institute believe one can seek happiness throughout their lifetime. However, College students are sure that there is no simple answer to the question “what is happiness?”
The jury awarded the Grand Prix of the competition to the team of the USUE Institute of Digital Management Technologies and Information Security.
Other awards were distributed as follows:
- USUE College won in the category Artistic Integrity of Performance;
- the team of the USUE Institute of Economics and Finance was recognized as the best in the category Originality of Creative Concept and Implementation;
- the USUE Institute of Digital Management Technologies and Information Security won in the category Best Artistic Design (props, costumes, scenery);
- the team of the USUE Institute of Public Administration and Law won in the category Best Choreographic Production;
- the USUE Institute of Management, Entrepreneurship and Engineering received the award in the category Best Media Support.
We congratulateу all the participants!